Terms & Conditions
1. Our contract
Cruise Events Pty Ltd operating as Cruise Seminars ABN 95 617 210 456 (“Us”) is the provider of the seminar, conference or course (the “Event”). A registration for an Event is deemed to be a confirmed booking for that Event when a deposit is paid to Us by you (“You”). Event deposits and payments are made with Ecruising (ABN 27 091 180 782). By booking an Event with Us, You are deemed to have agreed to these Booking Terms and Conditions (which constitutes the entire agreement between You and Us) and your booking will be accepted by Us on this basis.
2. Deposit requirement
Each passenger who is attending the Event is required to pay a deposit of $100 for the booking to be confirmed. If your booking is made 75 days or less prior to the departure date then the full amount for the Event is payable at the time of booking. You will also be required to pay a deposit or the full amount for the cruise component (the “Cruise”) at the time of booking and You must refer to the applicable cruise line’s Terms and Conditions and/or Booking Conditions for the Cruise that is relevant to the Event booking. Deposits and final amounts are paid directly to Ecruising and You must agree to their Terms and Conditions when placing a booking.
3. Acceptance of booking & final payments
If we accept your booking for an Event a contract will exist between Us and You from the date the booking is accepted. Please refer to your booking confirmation invoice for details regarding final payments. Payment of the balance of the Event is due 75 days before the cruise departure date. If the balance is not paid on or before the due date we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled.
4. Your details
In order for Us to confirm your Event booking You must provide all requested details at the time of paying your deposit. Required details may include full name as per passport, passport number, passport expiry date, residential address and date of birth. Your booking cannot be confirmed without provision of these details.
5. Cancellation by You
This policy was revised on 11 March 2020 and is effective from this date.
COVID-19 INFORMATION: If you are currently booked on a Cruise Seminars event departing prior to 30 June 2020, or if you book a Cruise Seminars event departing prior to 30 June 2020, please refer to the NEWS page for information about our revised cancellation policy on these events.
If You or any other passenger in the same booking cancels the Event or the Cruise, Event cancellation fees will apply. An Event cancellation will be in effect once we receive written confirmation from You.
If You cancel an Event:
- 181 days or more prior to the Cruise departure: We will refund the Event deposit less a $50 administration fee;
- 76 to 180 days prior to the Cruise departure: The Event deposit is non-refundable (unless you are entitled to a refund or other remedy under the Australian Consumer Law). You may transfer the Event deposit paid to another Cruise Seminars Event within 12 months of the date You advised us of the cancellation;
- 31 to 75 days prior to the Cruise departure: The Event deposit and Event fees are non-refundable (unless you are entitled to a refund or other remedy under the Australian Consumer Law). You may transfer the Event deposit and Event fees paid to another Cruise Seminars Event within 12 months of the date You advised us of the cancellation;
- 30 day or less prior to Cruise departure: The Event deposit and Event fees are non-refundable (unless you are entitled to a refund or other remedy under the Australian Consumer Law).
Cancellation fees and/or penalties may also be imposed by the cruise line for the Cruise component relating to the Event. You must refer to the applicable cruise line’s cancellation policy that is relevant to your booking. You are strongly advised to take out travel insurance at the time of booking that will include cover for event cancellation fees/penalties.
6. Cancellation by Us
We may cancel an Event at any time up to 181 days before departure. If we cancel the Event, we will notify You in writing and You will receive a full refund of all monies paid to Us by You for the Event component. We are not responsible for any other expenses that You may have incurred as a result of the cancellation of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance, travel insurance excess, cruise deposits, cruise fares, flight fares, accommodation costs or ancillary expenses.
7. Passport & visas
For cruises visiting ports outside of Australia, You must carry a valid passport and have obtained all of the appropriate visas, permits and certificates for the countries in which You will visit during your cruise. Your passport must be valid for 6 months beyond the duration of the cruise. For cruises visiting only Australian ports, a Government-issued photo identification is required for You to join the ship. It is your responsibility to ensure that You are in possession of the correct visas, permits and certificates for your trip. We are not responsible if You are refused boarding on to the ship because You lack the correct passport, visa or other travel documentation.
8. Travel insurance
Travel insurance is strongly advised for all our guests and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance should cover Event cancellation, cruise cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects.
9. Limitation of liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
• Any liability for any loss, death, injury or damage which You may suffer (directly or indirectly) in connection with or arising out of your participation in a Event, or any breach of the Booking Conditions, is excluded;
• You release Us and our officers, employees, agents and representatives from any liability and expressly waive any claims You may have against Us arising out of or in connection with your participation in an Event; and
• Any claim by You is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
• Any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied by law into these Booking Conditions (Implied Warranty), is excluded.
To the extent an Implied Warranty cannot be excluded, our liability in respect of the Implied Warranty is limited to (in our absolute discretion):
• The provision of a similar Event to an equivalent value; or
• A refund of the total amount received by Us from You in connection with your booking. Any claim by You is excluded to the extent that it is for indirect or consequential loss, loss of profits or economic loss, however it arises, or for indirect, special, punitive or exemplary damages.
10. Claims & complaints
If You have a complaint about your Event please inform your onboard host at the time in order that they can attempt to rectify the matter. If satisfaction is not reached through these means then any further complaint should be put in writing to Us within 30 days of the end of the cruise.
In the event that any term or condition contained in these Booking Conditions is unenforceable or void by operation of law or as being against public policy or for any other reason than such term or condition shall be deemed to be severed from this contract or amended accordingly only to such extent necessary to allow all remaining terms and conditions to survive and continue as binding.
12. Photos and marketing
You consent to Us using images of You taken during the Cruise and/or Event for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium we choose. You grant Us a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license to use such images for publicity and promotional purposes.
14. Applicable law
The laws of New South Wales, Australia govern these Booking Conditions to the fullest extent allowable. Any disputes in connection with an Event or these Booking Conditions must be initiated in the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
All views expressed by presenters in Cruise Seminar events are those of the presenters, and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Cruise Seminars. The liability of Cruise Seminars is excluded where there are factual errors, misrepresentations or omissions in any presentation. Cruise itinerary, session times, presenters, and seminar content are correct at time of publication and subject to change at any time without notice.
Terms & Conditions last updated: 7 November 2019